Complete 5 rounds of Sun Salutation. The series of movements that make up the Sun Salutation are to help the individual acknowledge their own life giving energy. The heat generated during the sequence helps to cleanse the body. You will get your circulation going along with improving your basic flexibility. Be gentle with this early am practice.
1.mountain pose, arms overhead
2. standing forward bend
3. halfway lift (flat spine)
4. plank pose
5. four-limb staff pose (beginner) or chaturanga
6. upward-facing dog or cobra(beginner)
7. downward-facing dog (hold this move for five breaths or 15 seconds)
8. then step or jump forward into halfway lift (flat back)
9. standing forward bend
10. flowing into arms overhead and back to mountain pose with hands in anjali mudra(hands together at heart).
I’ve always wondered how each of these poses effected my body. Here is what I found:
“The standing poses ground you to the earth, build body awareness and help you find your center. Forward bend and halfway lift elongate your spine, stretch your hamstrings and cleanse your digestive system. Plank and four-limb staff poses engage the muscles in your arms, shoulders, chest and abdomen. Upward-facing dog stretches your upper body as it opens your chest and frees your breathing. Downward-facing dog works muscles in your entire body and calms your nervous system.”
Shea, Lorraine. “What Are the Benefits of the Sun Salutation in Yoga? 26 May. 2011
So let’s begin our day tomorrow with this first step. This is just one of the simple ways you can begin to tweak your daily habits to improve a slow metabolism. HERE’S WHAT TO DO NEXT…6:40AM
~lose the excuse.
No related posts.